Robert H. Lummus, SR., formed our company in 1925 where he pumped sand from Proctor Creek at Bolton Road and sold it throughout Atlanta, adding coal in 1938.
In 1945, R.H. Lummus, Jr., went into partnership with his father, forming Lummus Sand and Coal. In 1961, the company was incorporated and changed its name to Lummus Supply Company. That same year a new store was built on Bolton Road, the sand and coal business were dropped, and a full line of hardware and building materials was added.
Since then five generations of the Lummus family have been in touch with the evolving needs of Atlanta’s builders, and we have grown to include four additional locations with over 80 dedicated employees.